Dear Liz,

I had a final interview for a job opportunity final Fri. I felt like I nailed the interview.

When I got abode I told my girlfriend, "I call up I'm going to get this task!" I was fidgety all weekend waiting for the offer. On Sunday afternoon, the recruiter called me.

Watch on Forbes:

He said, "Cracking news! They want to rent y'all!"

I said, "Fantastic! I accept!" I didn't even have the offer letter yet. The offer letter came on Monday. I printed and signed it and sent it dorsum.

I've been thinking most the offering all week. I want the job, but the salary offer isn't exciting. Information technology was iii thousand dollars less than what I asked for. I was as well hasty in signing the offer. Tin I all the same negotiate after I've already said, "Yes?"

Thanks Liz!

Yours,

Artie

Beloved Artie,

You lot tin negotiate your offer letter of the alphabet after yous've signed information technology, just do you lot really think it'due south wise?

All you will practise by coming back to them to say, "Oops, I just realized I should have asked for more money" is brand yourself an amateur. Information technology's a bad idea.

I don't recommend that you lot call or write these folks to say, "I just realized I should take negotiated with you, but I forgot." They desire to hire people who know their own mind. They want to hire someone who can play in the large leagues.

Snakebites like this i teach us powerful lessons. At present you know no matter how excited you are to get a job offer, you accept to sleep on information technology for at to the lowest degree one nighttime, if non ii or iii.

You signed the offer alphabetic character. Yous said, "I'm on board." You don't have to negotiate before arriving for your first mean solar day at work,  anyway. You can e'er enquire for a enhance at whatsoever point, simply your best bet is to become some wins nether your belt offset.

That manner, you'll take a strong case for pitching your boss on a pay increment. Right at present, yous don't have whatever prove to show them that they did the right thing in hiring yous. Six months from now, you volition!

Accept the job and blow their minds with your accomplishments in the first ii quarters and then come across how you feel. Who knows they may give yous a pay increase before yous even have the take chances to inquire for it!

Have fun in the new task!

All the best,

Liz